Vitamins and the skin
We all know that adequate vitamins are important for our body and our skin. There are some that stand out when it comes to skin. For example, vitamin A ensures a radiant complexion and smoother skin structure with fewer wrinkles. Vitamin B contributes to cell renewal and anti-aging. Vitamin E is an antioxidant and strengthens the skin's barrier against UV radiation. The last important one is vitamin C. In this blog everything about vitamin C and why it is good for your skin.
Vitamin C, like vitamin E, is an antioxidant that protects the skin against UV radiation. It ensures the formation of the connective tissue and gives a firm, smooth skin. Vitamin C has been proven to help counteract aging! In addition, vitamin C ensures fewer pigment spots that can arise from the sun and has an anti-inflammatory effect on the skin.
As just mentioned, vitamin C has a positive effect on the formation of connective tissue. Our skin consists of connective tissue, more specifically collagen and elastin. These are important proteins that occur almost everywhere in our body next to the skin. Collagen can be seen as what keeps the skin firm, elastin provides the elasticity of the skin. It is therefore important to support these two elements. Vitamin C has a positive effect on this.
Vitamin C serum
Vitamin C has the greatest effect on the skin when it is applied to the skin itself, this can be done through creams or masks with added vitamin C, but it can also be done with vitamin C serum. This is a highly concentrated agent that ensures that the vitamin C penetrates directly into your skin.
The benefits of vitamin C serum at a glance
- Protection against UV radiation and pigmentation spots
- Strong anti-inflammatory antioxidant
- More firm and radiant skin
- Prevents skin aging
- Instantly boosts your skin
Tips when buying vitamin C serum
- Make sure that the packaging you buy is airtight and light-tight. The serum loses quality if it is exposed to too much air or light.
- Make sure that the serum you buy contains at least 4% vitamin C, because it only works at high concentrations.
- Take a good look at the ingredients list, is vitamin C on top? Then there is probably enough in it. If you really need to look for it, I would buy another serum.
- It is safe to use vitamin C serum every day, so add it to your routine!
Vitamin C is a strong player when it comes to skin support. Getting enough vitamin C is important for the skin, but applying vitamin C to our skin is perhaps even more important. Go for a firm and radiant skin that is also protected from the sun by adding vitamin C serum to your daily skin care routine! You won't regret it, promise.
YOSMO offers 1 of the best Vitamin C serums to suit every skin type. Easy to integrate into your current routine and use all year round.